We know that as a pet parents, you will have many questions about your pet’s care. Whether you are a new or existing client, we endeavor to provide that information and ensure that it is always available to you when you need it. We have created a few questions down below that we are often asked by our clients.
If you do not see a question that covers the topic that you would like information on, please give us a call.
We see the following types of pets:
We do! During business hours, we accept emergency cases. We do request that you give us a call before you arrive so that we can have our team ready for you once you arrive.
Outside of business hour, we refer out to a couple of local practices that we trust. You can find more information about these locations by clicking the button below.Emergency Information
Absolutely! Southern Hearts Animal Hospital has partnered with MyVetStore Online to provide our clients with to-your-door delivery of important medications or your furry family member’s favorite food! Click on the button below to sign in or register for a new account.Online Pharmacy
*Note: You do need to be an existing client of Southern Hearts Animal Hospital in order to create an account.
- Dogs: Interceptor Plus, Heartgard Plus, Proheart 12, Credelio, Seresto Collar
- Cats: Revolution Plus, Seresto Collar
- BUT, we also have an online pharmacy where others can be purchased and shipped directly to your house.
For now, we will not be offering any grooming services. We apologize for any inconvenience. Give us a call and we can give several referrals!
We are still recommending curbside service for routine visits. We are allowing one client in at a time if requested, so these appointments are limited. Pet owners must wear a mask. As always, rooms are sanitized between every appointment.COVID-19 Policies
- We do have minimal boarding availability for pets that need medications or veterinary attention.
- Large dogs stay in “runs”. They are about the size of a ½ bathroom. The runs are side by side separated with solid partitions and they open from the front.
- Small dogs can stay in a run or cage.
- All dogs are walked 3 times daily.
- All litter boxes are scooped/changed 1-2 times daily.
- Spay, neuter, mass removals, dental cleanings and extractions, amputations, GI foreign body removal, bladder stone removal (cystotomy), splenectomy, dermoid sinus removal in Rhodesian Ridgeback puppies, FHO (femoral head/neck osteotomy in cats and small to medium size dogs), stenotic nares, elongated soft palates
- Cruciate surgery, Patellar luxation, fracture repair, anal saculectomy, lateral or total ear canal ablation